Borderless Communication for a Healthy Europe
Interoperability Initiative for a European eHealth area (i2-Health)
- Citizen mobility and borderless care are key European Union policy priorities, which are supported by the European eHealth Action Plan.
- While healthcare is being thoroughly transformed, proper interoperability measures have to assure that patient information in digital form is at least as accessible and usable as paper based data.
- Health policy makers, health professionals, healthcare providers and the IT-industry have to work hand in hand to assure the meaningful and secure exchange of medical data.
- i2-Health has stimulated an intense dialog on interoperablity priorities with relevant stakeholders, e.g.
i2-Health has defined a generic eHealth interoperability framework and submitted recommendations for the deployment of interoperable eHealth infrastructures and services for trans-European use with a focus on:
- Patient/Professional Identifiers
- ePrescribing and health data messages
i2-Health is an initiative funded by the eTEN Programme of the European Commission.